StrikeFontSet question

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Thu Aug 4 22:11:20 UTC 2005

  Eddie,

> In the long run, it seems like the primitive could be extended to handle
> multibyte strings too. The mechanics seem pretty similar and you don't
> want a noticeable speed difference between the two if it can be avoided.

  In the long run, we would like to have way more than today's simple
one-by-one layout that only works for a limited number of languages.
In that case, writing primitives will be a hard task.  If you can put
up with 10% overhead, I would suggest to stay with current situation
while we aim more sophisticated text rendering engine.

-- Yoshiki