LookEnhancements enhancement

Ramon Leon rleon at insario.com
Fri Aug 5 16:25:50 UTC 2005

> The actual mail that lead to this discussion was from
> Philippe whose intention was to give feedback and suggestions
> to further improve LookEnhancements. Unfortunately, and I
> think that's almost a pattern in this community, this lead to
> a  discussion which is not constructive. It can be
> interesting to argue about those things of course, but often
> it does not get us forward. It would have been helpful to
> either argue for or against why the "o" icon of Squeak is
> more intuitive than for example the "-" of OS X and make real
> suggestions how to improve the current look.
> So, anybody having good ideas for the windows icons, or is
> the current situation just that good that we can't improve?
>
> Adrian

OK, apologies, actual suggestions from now on.  Any chance you could add
a preference for thinner window borders?  It'd be nice to have the outer
borders be as thin as the borders between panes, and maybe a thinner
title bar too.  Just overall a slimmer look, as an option.  It'd also be
really nice if windows would snap to alignment against other windows or
against the outer borders of the screen, maybe there's something like
this and I just don't know about it, if so I'd like to know.