What do you think about Ruby ?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Aug 6 21:29:36 UTC 2005

Hello Damien,

DC> I'm  wondering  what are  the  advantages  of  image based  programming
DC> languages comparated to file based ones ?

that's simple: You save a lot of time when you can keep your
application running while working on it.

From my experience two situations come to mind:

1- you have to process a lot of data (loading them from a file) until
you are at the relevant part of the application. Here I remember some
very nasty debugging sessions where a snapshot of the _whole_ situation
would have been extremely helpful.

2- you have to go through many steps in the user interface until you
are at the part you are changing.

Don't know if these are relevant for projects with many developers.

Regards,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net