LookEnhancements enhancement

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 01:18:41 UTC 2005

Hi all,

On 8/10/05, Torsten Bergmann <astares at gmx.de> wrote:

> Install the attached mcz and run "FrameWindow open". You can resize
> the window on any side. It also adds the correct cursors to Squeak. Maybe
> the code is
> somehow usefull for the LookEnhancements package.

Thanks, I'll take a look and see. Presently you can set the
"resizeOnAllSides" preference and the standard Squeak feature is re-enabled
on SystemWindows so I'm not sure how your changeset is different from that,
but that's why I'll take a look and see at what you sent.

I would like to thank John Pierce for his efforts in improving the Squeak
> UI.

Your welcome!

> But I would not vote for a general inclusion of this particular package
> into the base image since it just supports a single theme which may not be
> accepted
> by anyone. Others may like to have the Aqua or Skylark look from Pavel,

Actually, my Look Enhancements are accepted by at least me and two others
that I know of. I do not know how many folks use the other themes or looks.
I'm sure compatibility with other themes could be had, but presently that is
not on my short list of things to do. Of course, others are always welcome
to assist though... ;-)

There are also more flexible frameworks like Zurgle from Jim Benson or Steve
> Wessels Skins package (http://squeak.preeminent.org/) allowing you to have
> different themes...

My schedule is not as flexible as these frameworks to do such wonderful
things...

Cheers,

John

--
It's easy to have a complicated idea. It's very very hard to have a simple
idea. -- Carver Mead