KomHttpServer questions

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Sun Aug 14 10:15:26 UTC 2005

Simon Michael wrote:
> And, when I start comanche, I can see httpd running the process list,
> but I can't make a connection on the specified port (localhost:8080) -
> the browser just hangs. Any clues welcome.

I found a solution. My linux had forgotten how to connect to itself;
rearranging /etc/network/interfaces and/or restarting networking
made local connections work again. Hurrah!

All I'm really puzzled by now, in this thread, is where the
SBKomServices package or sar file or whatever has got to. I remember
some package on squeakmap bugging me to install it.. back then I didn't
want it, and now I do..

Thanks
-Simon