Morphic

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sun Aug 14 19:20:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

can anybody here tell me why Squeak seems to be the only Smalltalk that
uses Morphic as its UI framework?

It took me months until last night when I watched a video about Self
that I finally understood what Morphic is.

It basically takes the incremental way of writing a program to include
the UI, which is exactly where other STs stop short. They all use some
sort of view composer, you still can do the business logic while the
program is already running but not the UI.

Sorry, it certainly took me a while to get it. :-)

Günther