[Success] Building a VM: the adventure continues

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun Aug 21 21:32:26 UTC 2005

On 21-Aug-05, at 8:08 PM, Ross Boylan wrote:

> Yea!  With that change, I can build the the squeak VM and it runs on
> the
> 3.8 image (I haven't tested it much, but it doesn't have the immediate
> lockup problem you described.)

We really do need to get things synched up properly sometime soon but
everyone involved is really rather busy at the moment. Once the image
updates are in the standard image things will be a little simpler.
There is still work to do to clean up the code for some of the plugins,
testing for 64bit machines, experiments to see if gcc 4 can be
persuaded to do anything useful, etc etc.

tim