sourcecode-management

Stefan Krecher stefan at krecher.de
Tue Aug 23 15:39:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 01:06:47AM -0700, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> >We would then suggest a Squeak component which could interact with the
> >SVN  client library to compose the list of available versions and commit
> >new  versions.
>
> Having a DAV implementation in Squeak might be more generally useful
> than a binding to the svn C library... not sure of the relative
> workloads but I wouldn't think there'd be *too* much to (at least the
> client-side of) a dav implementation...
>
> But, it's not likely I'll have the time to do this anytime in the near
> future so this is *all* handwaving... :)

thanks for all those interesting ideas.
At the time i'm not using monticello, i'm just checking in the
squeak-changesets into the svn-repository.
The workaround with monticelloCVS sounds interesting but at the moment
i don't have the need for using monticello (but I think I will want to
use it, when I start playing around with it ;-).
And since it seems that no one _realy_ needs a
svn/monticello-backend-integration (not to mention a svn-frontend in
squeak) I won't spend too much time on that.
I think I'll try a workaround, maybe using the svn-command-line-client
from CommandShell.

regards,
Stefan

--
GPG fingerprint = 2E77 C256 47B1 27B8 AE07  94BE D7A1 2A3C C716 2BE9
GPG public key: http://krecher.de/pubkey.asc           ICQ #84067348