spaces in SqueakMap package names?

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Thu Aug 25 07:05:37 UTC 2005

Hi Chris!

Chris Muller <chris at funkyobjects.org> wrote:
> I've just discovered an easy way to get Monticello packages to SqueakMap!  By
> selecting a particular version for "Release" there is a "SqueakMap Release"
> button at the bottom.

Right, Avi hacked that up a while back and some people use it at least.

> My "SqueakMap package name" has a space in it however, and am receiving error
> to the effect "My%20%Package not found on SqueakMap."  I then tried creating a
> new SqueakMap package, "TestingNoSpaceInSmPackageName" and it worked like a
> charm.

Ok, well - SM allows spaces, but Avi's remote-mechanism obviously
doesn't. Have you looked more closely about where it goes awry?

> All of my packages have spaces in their names, should I rename them to without
> spaces?  I need to create all new packages on SM to do this and then delete the
> old ones?

No, you can rename a package just fine actually - they have UUIDs for
identity. Of course, there may be external tools depending on the name
that I don't know about, but SM itself should be just fine. I have for
example renamed packages a while back.

> Thanks..

regards, Göran