[MultiRep-Monticello] Multiple repositories support for Monticello

Michaël Piel piel at ensm-douai.fr
Thu Aug 25 13:29:54 UTC 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:24:29 -0700
Julian Fitzell <julian at beta4.com> wrote:

> As long as this is optional (I prefer the two buttons) I don't have a
> strong opinion but I will say that in cases where I have more than one
> repos it is very rare that I want to save packages into both.  One would
> presumably be my working repos and the other would be used to publish
> working versions or something, which would happen only occasionaly and
> probably after I had extensively tested the saved version (at which
> point copying over is not a problem).

There is no conflict with what you say and the possibility to save on multiple repositories. There is still the possibility to save into one repository like before. You can use it for your own tests and then, when you are satisfied, you can publish it to all places at the same time, without having different versions for the same package. With the two-buttons version it is very simple and not constraining to use.