pending mac VM 3.8.8b7 for comment

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Aug 25 16:25:46 UTC 2005

There is a stack dump which says the internal carbon event handler
RunApplicationEventLoop crashed in processing DeactivateFrontWindow.
The only obvious issue was in the squeak VM window deactivate logic
we do
SetPortWindowPort(windowHandleFromIndex(windowIndexFromHandle
((wHandleType)window)));

where I should be checking windowIndexFromHandle((wHandleType)window
for zero.
however the crash doesn't occur in the squeak VM, so I'll look at
making thing a bit more paranoid about what is happening.
On 25-Aug-05, at 9:15 AM, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:

> John M McIntosh wrote:
>
>> Any chance this is repeatable?
>>

> Doesn't look like it :-(
>
> The crash log isn't very helpful, either, is it? No stack dump...
>
> I'll keep running b12, and I'll let you know if the crash turns out to
> be anything other than a freak occurrence.
>
> Tony

===