[Q] Speed comparison 2.8 vs 3.8

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Thu Aug 25 21:28:11 UTC 2005

On 25-Aug-05, at 6:26 PM, Günther Schmidt wrote:

> Tim,
>
> so, if the *right* people are working on it, Morphic can be made to go
> wooooosh?

Honestly, I don't know how much could be done; messing with morphic has
not been my thing. I do strongly suspect that someone that knows plenty
about morphic lower levels would be able to make a lot of cleanups. In
my experience cleanups can make for very good performance improvements,
so I'm hopeful. However I have to say that a lot of code in the image
has become so staggeringly baroque, convoluted and mangulated that I
have trouble imagining cleanups without massive work. Does anyone have
the experience, interest and time to do it?

tim