internal or external, that is the question

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Sat Aug 27 03:46:57 UTC 2005

If you're trying to build off of svn head on Unix, you've got an
adventure.  In some of my earlier messages I laid out the exact steps
I had to follow (as well as many false starts).  My build procedure
included getting a special VMMaker, applying some patches, and other
contortions.  The changes related to garbage collection grew out of my
particular interest in that area, but the rest were just to get it to
compile and run.

Also, to clarify, when I changed to src from src32 I did so in the
VMMaker tool.  I'm not sure if simply renaming the directory is
sufficient.

Ross