[Q] Speed comparison 2.8 vs 3.8

frits swinkels frits.swinkels at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 27 23:29:18 UTC 2005

Is it reasonable to ask that LookEnhancements are not merged into the
image but remain optional. This should be achievable in the packetized
image?
The reasoning is as follows. The aesthetic quality of an enhancement is
in the eye of the beholder. I happen to be an admirer of Tufte's work
and I strive for a sober and subdued look except for the important items
and a look in which each item has to say something or not take up
pixels. Other people may prefer a Heavy Metal look or whatever is
currently fashionable in movie houses.
It would be counterproductive if all these people had to remove
laboriously some look enhancement to be able to apply their own poison
;) This fits with a base image that does just enough but no more.