Request for Comment: MethodAnnotations for 3.9alpha

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sun Aug 28 19:23:06 UTC 2005

On Aug 28, 2005, at 8:41 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> Hello squeakers,
>
> Of the long and exiting list of things that are in consideration
> for 3.9a, one is MethodAnnotations.
> This is a changeset that was done by Andreas long time ago (2002, I
> think) and it's used extensively
> in Tweak. At SCG, we have used it for ByteSurgeon and are using it
> for another ongoing project.

[snip]

> Any comments? Does anyone see a problem with the annotations itself
> or the implementation?

I'd very much like to see method annotations in Squeak. However, why
not use an implementation that's compatible with VW's pragmas?
AFAICT, the VW syntax is a superset of the Tweak syntax, and it has a
very similar implementation, with the annotations stored in the
literal frame of the CompiledMethod.

Colin