Help! ByteString is out of control

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at fast-mail.org
Mon Aug 29 15:48:06 UTC 2005

I have an image that is serving up logFiles using Seaside and Comanche.
It has been steadily growing in size.  It's now up to 49+MB.

Recently it started hanging.  I have been able to run a SpaceTally on it
and found that 33.1+MB are used for instances of ByteString.  I haven't
been able to track down all 99000+ instances, but I am almost sure that
some of them are supposed to be temporary and are not getting
garbageCollected.  Has anyone else seen something similar to this?

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20