News Team Report - November 2005

Giovanni Corriga giovanni at corriga.net
Thu Dec 1 11:35:03 UTC 2005

The purpose of the News team is to publish news regarding Squeak
development and use. It aims to provide a service to the Squeak
community, highlighting anything which the Squeak users may find
interesting in The Weekly Squeak newszine. It will also try to promote
Squeak outside its own community, by submitting articles and news items
to mainstream websites such as Slashdot and OSNews.

There are some highs and a couple of lows in the news team activity for
the month of november:

High: we managed to reduce TWS' lateness to just one day.
Low: soon after this, I had some personal problems which caused some
more lateness in publishing TWS. I'll try to reduce that during this
week.
High: we've added the Seaside mailing list to our mailing list roster.
High: we managed our first "scoop" ;) with Ron Teitelbaum's interview to
Bruce Tate.
Low: I didn't have any time to seriously investigate using Smallwiki 1
as the publishing platform for TWS.

TWS' ongoing lateness is a sign that I (Giovanni Corriga) am still a
single point of failure for the whole TWS publishing process. I hope
that the new Smallwiki server will help in this regard.

For the coming month, I'd like to add one more column to The Weekly
Squeak. I still have to discuss this with the other news team members,
though.

I'd like to thank Giovanni Giorgi, Ron Teitelbaum and Klaus D. Witzel
for their precious help.

	Giovanni