SqueakMap trouble

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Tue Dec 6 22:08:06 UTC 2005

hello,

  a few days ago, et today again, I tried to register with no success a
new package on SqueakMap, called StringFormat. what happened twice is
quite strange: I could create the package without trouble, but I could
not register a release (a red message saying "something went wrong" is
the only feedback I got)

  at this point the package stayed for a while on SqueakMap (one hour or
so ?), and then simply vanished. as long as it was listed on the
packages list page, the link to "new objects" did not respond. when the
package disappeared from the list and the whole SqueakMap, "new objects"
worked again fine, but my object was gone.

  I am quite puzzled. what is happening ? it looks like some kind of
cleaning mechanism has taken the power in SM logic. did someone else
experiment this ?

  Stef