What does Squeak application development look like?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Dec 8 20:05:09 UTC 2005

Hello Stéphane,

d> Even for my one person project I cannot live without MC. And it is
d> scaling well (even if has some speed problems and missing atomic load)
sorry for misreading you. Actually I'm happy to hear I'm wrong in this
respect!

>> Every now and then I file all sourcecode into a fresh image to make
>> sure that I didn't do something that depends on my interactively
>> creating some objects. I don't think this is necessary and still is a
>> relic from having to be able to compile some source and start a
>> program with a well defined entry point.

d> Run your tests too :)

Yeah, but these things are independent. The big benefit of being able
to set up things interactively has the disadvantage that things are
not recorded properly. Digging the doIt that did the trick out of a
months worth of changes file may prove cumbersome.

Ha, now I found the real reason why I should continue checking if
everything is initialised by a method: Only then it's documented,
maintained and sometimes even covered by tests!

Thanks for that remark!

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net