Mantis vs. mailing-list

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Fri Dec 9 14:42:18 UTC 2005

Philippe Marschall wrote:
>> Perhaps we could configure mantis to email to a mailing-list when a new
>> bug is filed (not necessarily this mailing-list); or to provide an RSS
>> feed, perhaps?
>>
>> (I see a link to something labelled "RSS" on the main page, but it's an
>> empty feed when you look at it. The kind of thing I have in mind is a
>> feed just of newly-filed bugs, or perhaps a feed of all changes. Perhaps
>> Mantis supports this already?)
>
> I found out that people don't care about mantis. I filed 6 bugs.
> - one for the website team, this is very quickly fixed. Again, many
> thanks to the website team.
> - 5 for Squeak itself, 4 of which include a bugfix, 2 are actually
> duplicates as I later found out, nothing ever happended to these. Not
> even a comment, nothing.
>
> The only way to get something fixed I found out is to directly submit
> the bugfix to Markus. So I will reporte future bugs to him or the
> mailinglist.

I think we need to continue to use Mantis, maybe with some adaptions :
a mail for each bug in a bugs-mailing list and an RSS feeds in order to
increase the awareness.

How many people are really using Mantis ?

The people that have bugs assigned should try to be more responsive.
Maybe we could send to the list a weekly report of many bugs are still
unsolved, how many are solved. I also see on the mantis web site, that a
graph plugin exist in order to show the state of the mantis database.

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##