What does Squeak application development look like?

Welch, Ronald P (US SSA) ronald.p.welch at baesystems.com
Fri Dec 9 18:46:21 UTC 2005

Hi Darius,

Thanks for the pointers. I remembered that that Wiki page about locking
things down existed but I went looking for it a while back and couldn't
seem to find it. I need to work on my googling skills a bit I guess.

James does indeed make some good points in the blog entry you mention.
>From my experience I certainly agree that is it highly advantageous and
convenient to have development and debugging tools available in version
for software that is deployed to users "in the wild", but I have also
found that it is often best to hide those sorts of things from the
causal user. Their presence often distracts people from focusing on the
job at hand. But if the availability of debug and development tools can
be "switched on", say via command line arguments or a (not commonly
used) key stroke combination when required by power users and/or
technical support people and/or developers then that is often a good way
to go.

Ron
mailto:Ronald.P.Welch at BAESYSTEMS.com                Phone:(607)770-3701
BAE SYSTEMS                     600 Main St Johnson City, NY 13790-1888