What does Squeak application development look like?

Ramon Leon rleon at insario.com
Fri Dec 9 23:53:19 UTC 2005

> (sorry, hit send prematurely)
> Monticello seems to be based only on categories, not classes.
> That's how I've used it anyway. How can you add single
> classes to a package? I didn't see this in the docs.
>
> And, how can you add a new package of an existing category
> (or class)? I couldn't figure that out either.

Short summary: it is based on simple naming conventions, if you create a
Package called CoolProgram, then any classes in any categories that look
like CoolProgram-Application, CoolProgram-Application-Configuration,
CoolProgram-WebUI, CoolProgram-Domain, etc. automatically become part of
that package.  Any methods anywhere in the system, whether in that
package or not, in a category beginning with *CoolProgram, just like
class categories, also gets included into that package, it's simple,
elegant, and works great imho.  Just browse a few existing packages from
Monticello, you'll understand it very quickly.