v39 Team Monthly Report

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 10:30:59 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, karl <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:
> I think some parts of the process are a bit unclear and that makes it
> hard to contribute.

Yup - we are working on that, currently on the v3.9 mailing list
(v3dot9 at discuss.squeakfoundation.org). The idea is to have a clear
process and put it up on Squeak.org. Of course, we've been inventing
as we go along - the whole idea of managing the image with Monticello
is new, so the process was new as well. However, there's a feeling
that especially after some large integrations, the issues are known
and that we can define at least a process for the basic bug fixing and
harvesting.

Note - many system categories are not maintained by any Teams at the
moment. This means that all bugs reported on these categories fall on
the shoulders of the 3.9a team. So the ideal still is to have people
(teams) responsible for all the bits in the system so bug fixes can be
integrated or changed based on long-term strategies developed by Teams
for their respective packages rather than the patchwork we're
currently producing ("does this fix a bug? ok, let's integrate it" -
rather than "why is this code so broken? let's refactor it")