How do I "deSIXX" a project?

Jim Rosenberg jr at amanue.com
Sat Dec 10 19:14:34 UTC 2005

Once upon a time I played with SIXX. I don't remember what the sticking
point was, but it didn't become anything that I use all the time (though I
would like to go back get up to speed on this!). In fact, SIXX has pretty
much disappeared from my Squeak radar screen in terms of what I'm doing
from day to day. I have a group of projects I'm trying to move from Squeak
3.6 to 3.8. Most of them are now working fine, but I have just *ONE* that
has some stray reference to SIXX based on something I did once upon a time
that I've now forgotten about. If I load SIXX into Squeak 3.8, the project
loads, so if I have to I can simply do that, but I'd like to cut loose from
the SIXX dependency until I really get up to speed on SIXX and decide I
really need it.

So how do I get rid of this dependency. When I just try loading the project
into Squeak 3.8, without doing anything about SIXX, I get a walkback saying

Error: Global "SixxMockClassForUnitTest" not found

I've tried deleting all instances of all the SIXX classes -- this doesn't
help.

I tried removing the SIXX classes from the 3.6 image. This produced no
error message, but when I tried to save the project I got a PopUpMenu
inform message "extra associations". Then when I said OK I got a walkback
saying

Error: Trying to write out, AnObsoleteSixxXmlUtil

So, it appears I have a "stray association" that I would like to purge. Any
words of wisdom out there on how to do this?

-Thanks, Jim