How do I "deSIXX" a project?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sat Dec 10 21:34:38 UTC 2005

Hello Jim,

JR> inform message "extra associations". Then when I said OK I got a walkback
JR> saying

JR> Error: Trying to write out, AnObsoleteSixxXmlUtil

JR> So, it appears I have a "stray association" that I would like to purge. Any
JR> words of wisdom out there on how to do this?

this rings a bell for me of my very first squeak project. Many futile
attempts (partly with help from the list). It burnt down to nilling a
temp in a method once, then the instance of my obsolete class
vanished.

It's not quite your problem but maybe also your AnObsoleteSixxXmlUtil
is bound to a temp (which it shouldn't after the method has run). It
was a 3.6 image too.

It can be found on the swiki in cleaning up junk (2176) near the bottom.
Search for obsoleteAndRestoredClass.

If this cures your problem _and_ you find out what happened, please let
me know.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net