newbie - Ward Cunningham's "Plumbin'" Example

Tim Johnson trilobyte at hoe.nu
Sat Dec 10 23:16:35 UTC 2005

Hi everybody,

I'm a newbie, and trying to get Ward Cunningham's "Plumbin'" example to
work.  Everything seems to behave reasonably well, except for
"yellow-button" clicking on a TileView.  I get the impression that such
a click on a Faucet tile should bring up a PopUpMenu, but be ignored on
all other tiles.  Instead, it raises an exception on TileView since
TileView doesn't understand "getMenu:".

There is some "yellow-button" code in FaucetController's "initialize"
method, but it seems to never get called.

I was thinking that I could implement "getMenu:" in TileView and then
somehow call the code in FaucetController, but I don't know how to
bridge that gap, or even if it's correct.  Any help would be
appreciated.

The "Plumbin'" application I'm talking about can be accessed from here:

http://c2.com/doc/plumbin/index.html

Thanks,
Tim J.