"World's poorest don't want '$100 laptop': Intel"

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Sun Dec 11 20:33:52 UTC 2005

 "Chris Muller" <chris at funkyobjects.org> wrote:

> Despite years of monopolistic success at Intel, clueless-Craig feels he
must
> discredit the $100 laptop and even spout untruths about it.
>
>   http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051209/tc_nm/technology_intel_dc
>
> What an ignorant lamo..  Leave it to the worlds greediest, fearful adults
> rain on the kids' upcoming party..

For those who want to know more about the $100 laptop project,
here are some links:
http://laptop.media.mit.edu/
http://www.worldchanging.com/archives/003707.html
http://blogs.inextenso.com/seaside/blog/learning/e82c2f12-5745-11da-9865-000
d935fad1c

Note that there is some evidence that this machine
will be delivered with Squeak. This is not only a beautiful
idea, it can also turn into a challenge to all of us.

Are we really prepared to give excellent support to this
project if we will be asked to do so?

Please take a minute to share your opinion.

(I am myself not involved into the $100 laptop project, but I
think that it would be a honour to assist if our assistance is
asked.)

Greetings,
Boris