Policies on old versions?

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 10:26:56 UTC 2005

I'm looking at Mantis #1460 which is a bug filed against 3.7. What
should we do with these old bugs that don't have a simple test to
reproduce?
- Reject them?
- Ask the submitter to try to reproduce on 3.8?
- Load a 3.7 image, reproduce, if yes load a 3.8 image, try to reproduce, ...?
Clearly, I think the third option would put quite a burden on the bug
handlers (and thus slow down harvesting). As the user invested some
time to compose a bug report, is it too much to ask him to retry this
on a later version?