Squeak 3.9a is on fire!

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Mon Dec 12 15:17:06 UTC 2005

Hi Cees,

Cool fire...!

Maybe you might want to have a look at the following code:

excludedMethods:={Array with: Delay with: #timerInterruptWatcher}.

aTimeout:= Duration milliSeconds: 500.
log := FileStream forceNewFileNamed: 'logUnaries.txt'.
Smalltalk allClassesDo: [:aClass |
	aClass class selectors do: [:aSel |
		(aSel isUnary and: [(excludedMethods includes: (Array with: aClass
with: aSel)) not]) ifTrue:  [

			[[aClass perform: aSel]
				valueWithin: aTimeout
				onTimeout: []]
					on: Exception
					do: [:ex |
							log
								cr;
								nextPutAll: aClass asString, ' class >> ', aSel;
								tab;
								flush;
								nextPutAll: ex description]]]]

It triggers all unary class methods of the system, and logs them if
some kind of error occurred.
I guess you might want to run these methods only at the end, as they
give some surreal experience...

You also might want to categorize "ok-errors" like in lint, so that
you can detect real walk-backs.
AFAIR I could trigger 2000 unaries with that script, and got some
errors, (I even filtered them, but they are certainly on some
computer I don't have access to right now).

Have fun,

Markus