[ANN] SqueakSource Server image

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 22:04:25 UTC 2005

On Dec 15, 2005, at 1:46 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> We also removed some old and unused code (blessings) and added a few
> new features, such as to move and copy versions around.

When you copy versions, is that a "soft link", so that you don't have
to store the file twice?  What if we made it even easier to put
versions in more than one project at once?  Let's say, for example,
that the repository URLs could have as many segments as you wanted,
each with the name of a single project.  Getting the list of items in
that repository could show the intersection of the versions in all of
them; committing to that repository would place a copy in each.
There should also be a way to indicate that you want the union rather
than the intersection, so that you can have a single repository in
your MC browser with access to many different packages - those should
maybe be read-only.

This could pretty quickly become a useful tagging system: you might
have a "Stable" project, for example, and crosslist your versions
there, and then someone could go to /Seaside/Stable to only see
stable seaside versions, etc.

The interaction of the permissions system with this gets interesting,
but we could probably figure out some simple rules that would make it
workable.

Avi