[ANN] SqueakSource Server image

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Thu Dec 15 22:14:14 UTC 2005

Am 15.12.2005 um 22:09 schrieb Philippe Marschall:

>> I'm working on this. Will be included in my next version.
> Lukas already did it, haven't you seen his announcement?

Ah, too bad, I didn't see it, and I just finished my stuff
independently.

Hmm, my implementation does not require a separate settings class
that you need to override per code, but simply uses properties of the
repository itself. There is a web interface using the cool Mewa
metaobjects (see attached screenshot). This has at least two
advantages: the settings are easily changed without having to vnc
into the server image and changing code, and they are automatically
saved when a snapshot is made of the repository.

I merged your latest into the impara branch, and started from there.
As usual, the source is at

	http://source.impara.de/ss.html

You need both the latest Mewa and SqueakSource packages.

I hope I'll find some time soon to look at Lukas' work - what do you
think, which approach should we pursue further?

- Bert -