PIER Questions

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Fri Dec 16 07:31:29 UTC 2005

j wrote:

> During the install I was asked to define a name for the Pier Kernel.
> So I did. Now that I know that that is the title name for the site, I
> want to change it. I went into the seaside config area (/seaside/
> config/) clicked configure for Pier and Clear on the Kernel line.
> That just changed it to None. So How do I actually change the Kernel
> name?

Execute this :

PRKernel reset. "Remove the kernel"
PRSeasideFrame initialize. "Create a new kernel with a new name"

Have a look at this methods to understand how to modify things without removing the kernel.

> The Session expiry is defaulted to 600 seconds. Is there any way to
> have it auto save a page being edited once the time runs out. I have
> lost more data due to expiring pages than due to hard drive failures.

Not now I think. I don't know if it is currently possible with Seaside.

> Any chance Pier will gain the feature to do polls?

Sure, it's easy I think.

> Is their a web site specific to Pier?

There is a wiki page : http://smallwiki.unibe.ch/smallwiki/smallwiki2

Bye