PIER Questions

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 16:23:05 UTC 2005

> >> Not now I think. I don't know if it is currently possible with
> >> Seaside.
> >>

> > We could do something like they do in Gmail  using AJAX, but Damien is
> > right, there is no other way for Seaside to notify the browser that
> > there is a session timeout.
> >
> A browser can do a timed refresh based on page code, why not a timed
> form send?

Sure, this would be pretty easy to do with Scriptaculous, however
there are some thing that make it a bit more complicated: where do you
keep the draft wiki-pages, I doubt that auto-saved ones should be
directly visible for other people? how do you merge the drafts, if
there are several people working at the same page? etc.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch