[ANN] new update 6707

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:23:26 UTC 2005

On 12/20/05, Martin Wirblat <sql.mawi at t-link.de> wrote:
> - 98% of all Squeak users want Tweak and not Traits.

That, of course, is a completely unfounded figure.

> Imagine the amount
> of anger that will come over you if they find out that Traits delays
> Tweak or makes it even "somehow" persistently unavailable to them.

If.

If Tweak even ever gets included into mainstream Squeak. If Tweak
conflicts with Traits (why should it?). If there's no way to cleanly
resolve it.

Lots of ifs there...

Anyway, I think the 3.9 plans, including Traits inclusion, have been
posted for a long time. Yes, there have been some concerns raised, but
I feel the overall conclusion was that the benefits outweigh the
doubts. 3.9a is *alpha* code, too. No-one, certainly not during the
coming months, is pointing a gun at your head and forcing you to move
your development over...