[ANN] new update 6707

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Tue Dec 20 07:48:50 UTC 2005

On Dec 20, 2005, at 00:00 , Martin Wirblat wrote:

> Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>> Since there were no concernes raised and there is quite some
>> pending  work to get pushed in 3.9a, we decided to make the
>> traitss changes go  in now.
>
> No concerns were raised??? Probably you don't mean what you say ;-)

This is exactly what I meant! In the previous mail I referred to when
saying "no concerns were raised" it said:

"I encourage interested people to have a look soon and to bring up
any questions or concerns, so that we can avoid stalling the 3.9a
process."

and *nobody* brought anything up.

If you have something concrete to complain about (breaks Squeak,
badly implemented etc.), let me know. Maybe I should note something
obvious here (I guess, you have not tried out this image...): you
don't have to use traits, if you don't want to. So, what you say is
that because you don't like traits, you want to prevent other people
from using this evil stuff.

Maybe somebody else is in the mood to discuss with you about traits
in general (after all, its not my research and I'm doing this work
because I was asked to so and because I know there are other people
that would like to use traits).

Adrian