[Webteam] Suggestion+for+Squeak+Website

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 13:24:25 UTC 2005

On 12/20/05, Joe Blask <omikronos at msn.com> wrote:

> Dear website maintainer:
>
>   I have been downloading packages into my Squeak image with the package
> manager for Squeak 3.8 running on Windows XP.
>
>   It appears that there may be some kind of virus in the packages that
> affects
> the compression primatives.  After downloading a couple of packages, the
> program
> complains that it cannot find the end-of-data markers in the compressed
> files.
> Later, things get hung up in the debugger.  The primatives from zlib are
> always
> affected.
>
>   I have scanned my computer viruses with Norton Anti-Virus and Spy-Sweeper,
> but, to them, my system appears clean.  I may need to do something else,
> but I do not know what at this time.
>
>   Please check into this for me.

Joe,

This question should go to the Squeak Dev List and I am copying them
on the response.

We will improve the site to make it easier to know where questions should go.

As for your problem, it may be that the response you got in the
Package Loader was an error instead of the package itself.  So, the
zip stream may be trying to unzip a plain text 404 error or 505 error.
 Which packages were you trying to install?

By the way, you should probably subscribe to the Squeak Dev List (or
at least monitor its archives) to see the answer to this post.  You
can find a link to 'squeak-dev mailing-list' on this page:
http://www.squeak.org/Community.

Thank you for your feedback.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in
the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved
me, and gave himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20