Socket vs. OldSocket

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Dec 21 11:04:06 UTC 2005

goran at krampe.se puso en su mail :

> My advice is to not use Socket directly - you most likely want to use
> SocketStream instead. In 3.9 the SocketStream implementation is new -
> and for older Squeaks you can load the new implementation as the package
> called FastSocketStream available on SqueakMap.
>
> The only reason AFAIK for OldSocket still hanging around is the fact
> that HttpSocket still uses it, but hopefully we will get it moved over
> to Socket soon and then it will be removed.
>
> regards, Göran
Göran:

An example of how you serialize and send one arbitrary complex object
between two machines is too much to ask ?

I copy rsT sendObject method for doing this (and have to copy six methods
from OldSocket to all my images).

I know what is not the best way ...

So, a micro how to tutorial in 3.9 ? Your Christmas gift?.

Cheers.

Edgar