[ANN] new update 6708 pending...

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 13:27:16 UTC 2005

On 12/21/05, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> 1) I can't upgrade to more what 6706

As Steph said, that´s because the accompanying changeset hasn´t yet
been published.

> 2) I can't connect to http://box1.squeakfoundation.org/files/ to see if a
> new image exists.

Where do you get the box1 url from? That machine has been dismantled
and hasn´t been the primary distribution channel for months now...

> Where is it ? What change in process from 3.8 era when all we need was use
> the update button and load single changes ?

Errr... Edgar - from your questions here I have the feeling that you
haven´t really been reading this list during the last couple of
months. We have been moving box1 to box2 during the last half year,
roughly, and there have been numerous announcements about it. We have
also decided to start working with Monticello to manage all of the
image, so that updates in the update stream for 3.9 currently only
tell your image to pull in some new Monticello packages.

Needless to say, this process has some rough edges, which means that
often the 3.9a team will publish a new MC version but not yet the code
to the update stream to trigger that version. That´s why every time
the image has been updated, Stephane has posted instructions on how to
manually execute this process - probably something like five times on
this list.

I´m a bit at a loss how you could have missed all this. Don´t we
communicate enough?

Regards,

Cees