Steward teams

Cees De Groot cdegroot at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 18:54:59 UTC 2005

On 12/22/05, Bryce Kampjes <bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Sounds promising to me, I take it that a major goal is to reduce the
> load on the harvesting master?

Well, we sort of decided on that goal of course when started with the
Stewarding Teams. My concern  after looking what's happening with the
Stewarding Teams is that they're too narrow focused, too few people
joining, etcetera. It's the same effect you get when you prematurely
split up a mailing list in many little list - traffic just dies out.
I'd like to specialize them a little bit less, so that each team has a
bit more "body".

But yes, the idea is to make harvesting as a centralized task superfluous.