Which OS

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Dec 24 01:16:54 UTC 2005

SmalltalkImage current platformName    'Mac OS'  'RiscOS' 'unix' 'Win32'
SmalltalkImage current osVersion           1043
SmalltalkImage current platformSubtype  powerpc
SmalltalkImage current platformSubtype
		"Squeak3.8 of ''5 May 2005'' [latest update: #6665] Squeak VM
3.8.9b7" which is the version of the image used to build the VM
source, and the vm version identity (Squeak VM 3.8.9b7) of the
running VM.

On 23-Dec-05, at 1:34 PM, Cowdery, Bob [UK] wrote:

> I am sure this must be obvious but I can’t find it. How do I
> determine programmatically which OS I am running on.
>

> Thanks
>
> Bob
>
> *** Confidentiality Notice *** Proprietary/Confidential
> Information belonging to CGI Group Inc. and its affiliates
> may be contained in this message. If you are not a recipient
> indicated or intended in this message (or responsible for
> delivery of this message to such person), or you think for
> any reason that this message may have been addressed to you
> in error, you may not use or copy or deliver this message
> to anyone else.  In such case, you should destroy this
> message and are asked to notify the sender by reply email.

===