Views on Map

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Wed Feb 2 15:24:19 UTC 2005

Blake <blake at kingdomrpg.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:10:13 -0000, Frank Shearar
> <Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Conveniently enough I recently submitted a changeset adding
> > #asScrollPane to Morph - Morph currently has
> #asTwoWayScrollPane, and
> > TwoWayScrollPane's actually deprecated. Review the
> changeset, and help
> > get it into the image
>
> I'm not sure how to apply this information. What do I get out of a
> #asTwoWayScrollPane? If I can work it out, I can, at least, review it.

Oh, actually I gave the wrong message names. They should be #inATwoWayScrollPane and #inAScrollPane. That probably answers your question.

"foo inAScrollPane" just gives you a ScrollPane that lets you scroll in both X & Y directions, containing foo.

In my case I've an ImageMapEditor, which has an image of some kind and a bunch of shapes overlaying it (circles, rectangles, polygons). I've an ImageMorph that I add to the UI stuff by calling "holder addMorph: image inAScrollPane".

Since a picture's sometimes worth a thousand words, I've attached a screenshot showing what I mean. You'll see that the ScrollPane's not at the top left of the image, just to try illustrate the scrolling.

frank

whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
RNID policy.
If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the RNID
Helpdesk by telephone on: +44 (0) 207 296 8282.
The Royal National Institute for Deaf People
Registered Office 19*23 Featherstone Street
London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England)
Registered Charity No. 207720