Mac 3.8.6b5 VM posted for testing

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Feb 5 06:54:56 UTC 2005

I've posted a macintosh VM (3.8.6b5) that includes the buffered display
improvements, changes from Andreas to view certain GC events/features
and my
changes from last fall to collect GC statistics & alter the VM to bias
for growth versus compaction. Plus changes to sound input/output.

I've stuck them on my idisk
http://homepage.mac.com/johnmci/FileSharing.html

See the experimental directory and the squeakGarbage sub-directory.
or see the following ftp directory for zip files.

ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/squeakGarbage/
ftp://ftp.smalltalkconsulting.com/

I have not build an os-9 version yet.

3.8.6b5 uses the Unix CoreAudio sound plugin which apparently allows
you greater flexibility in recording rates.
Folks should confirm recording and sound playback works as in the past
since we have dropped the ancient sound input
and carbon based double buffering for sound playback.

-
===