A strange Squeak bug

Samir Saidani saidani at info.unicaen.fr
Fri Feb 4 13:45:04 UTC 2005

Hi there,

During a coding party, a student caused a quite strange bug easy to
reproduce in the stable squeak 3.7 :

In a workspace,
LanguageEditor := Morph new. (for instance)

Yes I know, this is a non sense, but all is possible with beginners !
What surprised me is that it shouldn't work, but it works actually.
So, then in a browser (tested with RB and System Browser), try to
browse the class LanguageEditor -> Bug. And unfortunately, the bug
message does not indicate to the beginner the nature of his
error. Anyway I didn't manage to get rid of this bug.

Ideas ?

Samir