Partitioning the image (was Re: Shrinking sucks!)

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Feb 7 14:45:04 UTC 2005

Hi!

"Frank Shearar" <Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk> wrote:
> goran.krampe at bluefish.se <goran.krampe at bluefish.se> wrote:
> >
> > I want us to start NOW and not wait for anything new. I want
> > to add PIs
> > using updates and then register corresponding packages on SM. It seems
> > to me we can do that now and still move to something else later.
>
> I'd love to help with this partitioning business. What's stopping me is not knowing what to do. Where can I (or other would-be packagers) find information on how to help out with TFNR?

Next step is essentially to take a look at PackageInfo (PackageOrganizer
especially) and then produce a series of updates that create packages in
there. So right now we just need to figure out this technical detail.
Then, we will possibly also have to make some class reorganization.

This step is probably best done by Doug or me, typically. At least the
first one or two updates.

I will take a look as soon as I can, possibly tomorrow - unless Doug
beats me to it. Now - we should of course use the people who offered to
become Stewards the last time around and ask them again.

Best way to help is probably to think if there is any part of the
current image that you could consider maintaining with the possible help
with others of course.

regards, Göran