[ANN][IMPORTANT] New leadership formed!

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Feb 16 07:23:24 UTC 2005

Hi Brad and all!

Ok, a quick one before I answer Lex:

Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com> wrote:
[BIG SNIP of quoted Lex's post]
> I assumed that Goran's message was blessed by the 'Squeak Powers'.

First of all - what are the 'Squeak Powers'?

SqC withdrew back in... whichever year that was, and handed over to the
Guides. As I described Michael Rueger contacted me at OOPSLA and gave me
the task of forming a "board" to take over now that SqC had stepped
back. He did that on behalf of SqC and I scrambled and talked around a
lot at OOPSLA and ended up forming the Guides.

So the Guides is the closest thing to any previous "Squeak Power". Now,
in forming this new group we got the acceptance or support (depending on
who you ask) from the other former guides and from Stephane (who is more
or less leading the SqF formation process). Those were the ones we
contacted prior to doing this.

Now after the announcement we have also gotten support from former SqC
members, but I will let them step forward on their own. I can also say
that former SqC members have vented the need for this with me quite a
while back.

So yes, I really feel we have the support from the "Squeak Powers".

> As an
> "outsider" (so to speak), I now don't know what to think. I would have
> assumed that Goran/squeaders would have clear understanding of the
> backlash that would befall him/them.

I knew the risk, and I also think the others knew it too. But we decided
to go for it and we trust the community to see what this is all about.
If you can't see that we are doing this for the love (yes, at least I
love it) of this community and of Squeak - then... well, it is simply
like that.

Now, we haven't earned your trust yet as a group. Hopefully we do have
earned your trust individually though. But we will and are already
working hard to earn it as a group too.

> (Russell suggests taking a poll to determine community support regarding
> Goran's message. But, frankly, I don't know what I'd be voting on.)

Personally I don't really know what a poll would show or what it would
say. But again, this is the Squeak community people - if anyone sets up
a poll, then just do it. We can always learn something from it.

> confused,
>
> brad

Hopefully less confused given my postings so far today. And as I said,
ask, ask, ask and I will do my best to answer.

regards, Göran