a simple solution to Package, preinst/postinst/etc

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Feb 17 18:24:39 UTC 2005

> Also: what I didn't see any evidence of so far is the kind of
> preload/postload
> stuff that this thread was about, so I'm not sure what Stef meant when
> he said
> that we should look at this first.  It seems to me that any work we do
> on that
> with PackageInfo will port quite nicely to Package when it's ready.
> So I don't
> see any reason to wait

Yes this is my mistake because we were talking about that with alex and
I did not
check the latest version. If we use package instance this means that we
should attacj
block like in VW. Was what your proposal?

I would like to get a pane like in VW where I can see all the packages
a class touches.
And yes the UI needs some enhancements.
We were thinking also to add some clever entries in the changesorter so
that we can filouyt package

May be

Smalltalk at: #Package ifPresent: [Package new
							name
							postload:
							comment:'...'
							preload: '...']

But we did not investigated if this was worth

Stef