I would like to form a bug/harvesting focus group (aka team)

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Tue Feb 22 21:28:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 09:13 +0100, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:
> Hi Ken and all!
>
> Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:
> > I would like to start a small group to discuss bug tracking and
> > harvesting focussing immediately on short term solutions with a long
> > term goal of making the designing and building a system that works best
> > for the community.
>
> We were going to suggest this, but you beat us to it. :)
>
> > I think that in the immediate future we need to come up with a workable
> > if not exactly elegant solution that gets the process moving again.  I
> > have some ideas on that point I would like to discuss with a smallish
> > group who is interested in this process and is willing to take
> > responsibility for getting it moving again and keeping it moving in the
> > future.
>
> Yes, we have two goals here:
>
> 1. Get something, *anything* working again so that 3.9 can move on (btw,
> I will start a dissection of Stefs roadmap today, to try to get people
> to react)

Yes.  I very much want for the team to have a very narrow focus
initially on making minimal changes to the existing system and using the
existing tools to get the process moving a bit more freely than it seems
to be currently.  Prime the pump if you will.

At this point anyone who thinks the might have an interest in joining
this team should send an email to
janitors-subscribe at discuss.squeakfoundation.org to join the preliminary
mailing list for this team.  My intention is to send an email to
this list on Thurday or Friday outlining my initial thoughts.

> You are not there at this very moment  - but does this mean you would
> like to be Team leader on this? I think you fit that job perfectly and
> you will have my total support in that role, and I am also officially
> joining you :)! Regarding the others in our group I am betting Doug will
> join too,  Cees and Marcus are probably "full".

:)  I asked Cees what should be done to start a new team and he said
'email squeak-dev' (paraphrased) so I did.  Thanks for your support.