Stefs roadmap for 3.9, time to get it nailed down

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Thu Feb 24 08:21:52 UTC 2005

tim

with traits there is no performance penalty.
Traits are method dictionary and at composition time, the class
methodDict gets the methods pointing to the
traits methodDict compiledmethod and we use pain normal method lookup.
So from an execution point of view traits are flatten at composition
time in the classes so NO PENALTY (except that you should use accessors
for iv access).
For the browser feedback (which is far the most advanced for feedback
than normal browser)
nathanael designer a good cache algorithm that support incremental
addition of method in classes.

Stef