[BUG][Balloon] BalloonCanvas not rendering text

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Sun Jan 2 04:59:58 UTC 2005

Text is not being rendered for any BalloonCanvas with a transformation.
  When I place a StringMorph inside a TransformationMorph subclass that
uses a balloon canvas it does not render.  When I look at the code
involved the following two methods stand out.

BalloonCanvas>>drawString:from:to:in:font:color:
BalloonCanvas>>paragraph:bounds:color:

Both call ifNoTransformWithIn: and only attempt to render if it returns
true.

I imagine this is an issue with the use of bitmap fonts, it should be
possible to scale true type fonts.  It would be nice however to at
least make an attempt to locate a suitable font.  The current code
results in just blank space.

Michael