Color and HTTP Proxy preferences

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Jan 4 16:13:31 UTC 2005

Thanks for the preferences work.  Boolean, Numeric, Text, and Color all
sound like good fundamental preferences "types" to have.

One fundamental preferences type that is still needed, though, is some
sort of multiple-choice or radio-button type.  Maybe call it "Choice" or
something.  It could be represented as a set of Symbols, one of which is
currently "selected".  It would show up in the PreferencesBrowser as a
set of radio buttons, only one of which can be selected at a time.

You mentioned in the other thread that you have a "Halos" preferences
type (based on the previously existing Halos preference)... this one
should really be implemented as a Choice type instead.

There are a few current Boolean preferences which should really be
Choice preferences, such as the
swapCtrlAndAltKeys/dupCtrlAndAltKeys/dupAllCtrlAndAltKeys combo.  Right
now we have to have an ugly hack which prevents you from selecting more
than one of these.  Also browseWithPrettyPrint/colorPrettyPrint, and
there may be others.

- Doug